SRN Annual Report 2010
The mission of Skyline Ridge Neighbors is to inform, educate and involve the residents of rural NW Multnomah Co. so they will feel more connected to our community. As a nonprofit organization, SRN relies 100% on volunteers and donations from the neighborhood. Here are some highlights of our accomplishments last year.
- Published 4 issues of the Skyline Ridge Runner and mailed them to every household in our area plus other nonprofit and public agencies nearby.
- Disseminated over 80 issues of the Skyline Rural Watch Newsline to subscribers of our up-to-the-minute email bulletin.
- Redesigned and relaunched our website at SRNPDX.org.
- Helped coordinate neighborhood response to the disappearance and search for Kyron Horman last summer.
- Presented public meetings and seminars on a variety of topics: walks in the West Hills, growing local food, safe food preservation, home brewing, Sheriff’s patrols and home safety, and CPR / First Aid.
- Helped support volunteer efforts to remove garlic mustard and other invasive weeds.
- Cooperated with West Multnomah Soil & Water Conservation District with local resource conservation efforts. SRN was named as WMSWCDs Nonprofit Partner of the Year.
- Sponsored the annual SOLV clean-up and organized volunteers for to pick up trash along public roadsides in our neighborhood.
- Organized the annual Summer Gathering neighborhood party and fundraiser.
SRN Income & Expenses
1/1/2010 - 12/31/2010
BEGINNING BALANCE JAN 1 19,367
Donations - General Operations 617
Donations - Kyron Hormon Search 3,515
Merchandise Sales 270
Summer Gathering 5,325
TOTAL INCOME 11,660
Bank Charges 24
Hall Rental 175
Licenses and Fees 318
Office Supplies & Software 99
Website Development 3,953
Thank You Gifts 100
CPR & First Aid Class 340
Garlic Mustard Eradication 908
Kyron Hormon Search Support 3,515
Merchandise Expenses (T-shirts) 966
Ridge Runner 2,765
Beer & Wine for Resale 344
Event Insurance 476
Food & Materials 546
TOTAL EXPENSES 15,092
NET INCOME/(EXPENSE) -3,432
ENDING BALANCE DEC 31 15,935